Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Childcare Mistakes
Part II

There are a lot of working parents in Hoboken with very serious jobs.  In the evening and on weekends, when I'm walking around town and see these parents, I often see them on their phones.  Whether it's at the park or a restaurant, most parents rarely have interaction with their kid...at least from what I see outside of their apartment.

Which brings me to childcare mistake 2: Not having fun with your offspring.

Your kid looks up to you and always wants your attention.  Have fun with them!  Act silly and messy. If you have a baby, let them play with crap that your type A personality may not like.  If you have older kids, go roll in the grass with them at the pier.  Weekends are for fun!  

Kids will remember whether you were always on your phone or if you put the phone down and had fun.  

Make M-E-M-O-R-I-E-S!

No comments: