Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Stupid Parents



In past years, I would occasionally babysit for another family on weekends.  And because it was a weekend, the parents would offer me wine and beer.  While I appreciate the fact that they felt comfortable with me having a glass of wine, I always felt that it was inappropriate.  I was working so therefore, why would I drink?  If I wanted to drink, I wouldn't have been babysitting and instead, I would be getting trashed on Washington Street.  

I know that parents drink, but the point is, parents CAN drink because it's their kids.  Also, why would I risk having a drink on the job?  I mean, can you imagine if there was a Nanny Cam?  Do you even realize what a parent can do with that video?  I can see the headlines now "Babysitter drinking on the job!"  

Yes, just what I need.  


Nannies, have you ever been offered alcohol on the job?  Did you drink it? 

No comments: