Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The iPad Addiction
Part II

I come across a lot of children, as most people in Hoboken do.  I cannot get over the fact that Parents let their children use the iPAd so much. I see kids at the park using the iPad instead of playing.  At restaurants instead of coloring.  I just can't believe how one tablet can make a child who doesn't even know what their doing with it become so obsessive. 

So, here was I, sitting at a restaurant on Washington Street with some friends.  Next to us was a family. With a baby that could have been a year, but totally could have been as young as 10 months old.  The food arrived and the iPad was taken from the addicted baby.  I bet you can guess what happened next.  Yes, an all out 2 year old tantrum.  I wanted to ring the necks of these Parents for letting this happen.  Not only does it disturb the other patrons, but I don't think they realize what kind of monster they have created.  I mean, Parents, do you realize that the iPad is an addiction?  Your 1 year old child doesn't understand the "game" on the iPad.  They see colors.  Your 1 year old child isn't learning the alphabet, they are guessing what letter goes next.  

Remember when we were kids sitting at a restaurant?  Yeah, we had to color.  Leave the iPad at home and bring crayons.  Your child will be a hell of a lot smarter learning to draw letters instead of guessing.  
 

No comments: