Email HobokeNannySpy@gmail.com for topic submissions!
Sunday, August 18, 2013
WAYS TO HELP PARENTS COPE WITH NANNY JEALOUSY
Hey! It's a real thing and it's okay to have. I mean who wouldn't be jealous of someone who gets to hang out with your kids all day? That's enough rubbing in. But, Nannies know that it's hard to leave your kids with another person. We know. Here are some ways to help ease any jealous feelings:
1) Your kid will always love you. No matter if they say they hate you, no matter if they tell you they don't want you to be their mom or dad. They love you. Just like you always loved and continue to love your parents.
2) When you get home from work, put the phone away. Work is over. Now it's time to be a parent and friend. If your kids bedtime routine starts shortly after you get home, get in your PJ's too.Do something fun. Whether it's playing hide and seek or reading a whole bunch of books, spend quality time with your kids.
3) Always know that your kids love their Nanny, too. Hey, she's with your kids most of their awake hours. What do you expect?
4) It's okay to be jealous. It's a natural feeling. But don't let it get to you. Would you rather your kids love your Nanny or absolutely despise her? I'm gonna go with the first option!
5) Never forget how much you love your kids and how much they love you. And make sure you tell them how much you love them. Chances are your Nanny doesn't ever say those three.little.words. Although if she does tell them, it's OK! You want her to love your kids.