Monday, August 19, 2013

EMAILED QUESTION FROM A HOBOKEN DAD:

"My wife chose our Nanny.  I find her to be rude and obnoxious.  Now I'm afraid that my kids are learning bad things from her.  Sometimes I hear curse words come out of their mouth but we do not talk like that.  What should I do?"

 Since you were not in the choosing process of your Nanny(and I want to know why you weren't since it should be a family decision), this is something that you need to talk to your wife about first.  What did your wife love about your Nanny so much that she had to make the ultimate decision?  On the other hand, since you are the man of the house, you need to talk to your children and ask where they are hearing those words from.  Also ask what else goes on when Nanny is around.  Strongly tell them that those words are unacceptable and should not be repeated under any circumstance.  When kids repeat curse words, a good rule to get them to stop is by threatening to take toys away.  "If I hear that word, I'm going to have to take a toy."  This could be a good situation for a nanny cam or to sit down and ask your Nanny what's going on.  Let her know that curse words are not tolerated. If you truly don't think she's a good fit, maybe it's time to start looking for a new Nanny.


Don't forget to send me your questions and Nanny sightings at:

HobokeNannySpy@gmail.com


And it's very easy to start the comment conversation below!  Click "comment" and choose a "name" and "publish your comment"  Bada Bing, you started a comment conversation!

 

No comments: