Thursday, August 29, 2013

Confessions of a Nanny
Part V

Let's go back into older posts that I talked about this family.  I called them "The Absent Parents."  Wall Street working dad, stay at home mom, Nanny(me) who was both mom and dad, and every other type of employee that could work in ones home.  So, this story begins at 12:30pm when the 2 year old went down for his nap and usually slept until 3:30-4pm.  At about 2pm, I got a call from the school saying:

"X has head lice and needs to be picked up ASAP. We can't get ahold of mom, so someone needs to come immediately."  

Umm, what?  The mom left the apartment everyday at 10am and I didn't see her until after dinner, what could she possibly do all day?  How about answer your phone, mom?  Anyway, here I am, trying to reach her, calling and texting.  No answer.  Trying to call the dad, no answer.  So, I think for a second.  Do I wake the kid up and run to the school that was on the other side of town or do I wait because school was over in 45 minutes anyway?  I did what any awesome Nanny would do and I woke the kid up and ran to pick up the lice infested freak.  

As I got close to the school, I had to blink a few times because I couldn't believe what I saw.  I thought I was going to scream my head off.  Outside of the school, the MOM WAS STANDING THERE PLAYING ON HER PHONE!!!!!  I walked up to her and said "Hi...I have been trying to reach you.  X has lice and needed to be picked up like 30 minutes ago.  I've been calling you and so has the school nurse."  Her reply?  "I had no idea."

Confession: I wanted to murder you right then and there.  

This is story really did happen.  I will never forget it.  

No comments: